Heritage / Archival Recording

Swine Pavillion, Royal Melbourne Showgrounds , Heritage Register No H1329. Photographs © Hin Lim

The Swine Pavilion, located within the western non-core land of the Royal Agriculture showgrounds. Designed by architects Billings, Son and Peck. The Swine Pavilion, built in 1903, was an interesting timber pavillion incorporating ornamental features and elements of a bungalow style. Significant alterations between 1915 and 1954 and the recent demolition of the the main section of swine pavilion has drastically altered the original building envelope. The current Swine Pavilion consists of three sections. The main section facing north is a remnant of the orginal Pavilion comprising original timber columns to steel roof trusses with a recently replaced corrugated steel roof.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
< Heritage / Archival Recording