Heritage / Archival Recording

PELACO Sign, 21-31 Goodwood Street Richmond VIC 3121

The sign is significant for its associations with PELACO (formed by James Kerr Pearson and James Law in 1908), the best know shirt manufacturer in Australia during that time. The Pelaco double sided sign was erected in 1939 on top of the former Pelaco factory building (C1922) at Richmond Hill. It is one of the well-known large scale older illuminated signs (neon tubes) in Melbourne, and exceptionally rare survivor of once a common form of advertising sign. This metal sheeting sign is structurally supported by steel trusses and steel columns extends into the room below roof level. Photographic survey by Hin Lim

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12

< Heritage / Archival Recording